Saturday, April 07, 2007

Oops!

Holly told me that I hadn't posted since Febroooary, and I gotta admit I didn't think it had been THAT long! Sure enough, I look and Febroooary 28th was the last time I blogged. So sorry about that.
Mama made me go back to Michigan with her for the last time (so she says, been saying that) and finish up stuff at the house. I guess Daddy's friend's son is going to be living in our old house for a while, and Mama had to throw a bunch of stuff in the attic to get it out of the way so he could move in.

I've been goin to the dog park once or twice a week and having a blast. Mama's tryin to ruin my fun now, because I recently discovered how much fun it is to hump other dogs....not every dog.....I just choose one dog and focus on him. Mama ends up shadowing this other dog so she can stop me. Usually I know if she makes that "ah ah" sound that means she knows what I'm thinkin and I better stop thinkin it. She still has to pull me off sometimes though, and that's when she makes me go home. Something about humping being rude and if I'm gonna do it I can't stay. For some reason it's always an intact male yellow lab that's got my interest. Mama thinks it's cuz I was influenced by a yellow lab one day at the park, and now I'm fixated on them. Nah, I just like 'em cuz they're yella.

Hey guys, guess what's black and white and fluffy all over? Give up? It's the totally cute husky puppy at our apartment complex! I haven't gotten to meet him yet, just woo at him from a distance. His human always takes the puppy back inside before he can woo back at me, and I don't think that's very social of him! Mama wants to talk to the man to make sure he really knows what he's in for since us northern breeds are "special." Mama always gets scared when she sees someone with a husky pup since so many peoples aren't educated on huskies, they just know they're adorable (duh). So far Mama's had no luck with this man, but she's not giving up yet.

Speaking of puppies, my favorite puppy (other than the little husky puppy I haven't met yet) is a little 4 month old pup named Charlie. I go crazy for him! Mama doesn't know what he is, he kind of looks like a golden, but he's got speckled legs like he might have some english setter, and a cute white splotch on the top of his head. He's not very big though for a 4 month old, so he might have some cocker in him too. Anyways, he's lots of fun for me to romp with, he gets me all riled up! His humans can't keep him away from me, he just drags them on over. It kind of annoys Mama because she's still working on my "self control" and it's hard to maintain what progress she's working on when all of a sudden there's a pup jumping on my head. Charlie's human man lost his collar one day and so he just let Charlie run around outside without his leash. The problem was we were outside when Charlie came bursting out the door and jumped on my face. I didn't like that very much, but I just told that rambunctious pup to learn some manners. Head jumping is not acceptable in my book!

The weather here is getting too hot for me, and Mama says we might not be able to go to the dog park as often because she says I don't drink enough water there when I'm hot. It's been 80 degrees a few times here already, and Mama doesn't like to take me to the park too much when it's over 70 because she's afraid I'll overheat. I don't drink enough water and I don't know when to stop. It got cold again the past two days though, so I'm hoping for some dog park trips this week! I can't go more than twice a week, and my trips have to be spaced 4 days apart otherwise I get sore and gimpy.

Anywoo, I just wanted to reassure everyone that I'm doing okay. I know I promised this before, but I really will try to keep this thing more updated. I just don't always have much to write about.

3 comments:

Khady Lynn said...

Poseidon!!! I'm am so happy to see your gorgeous face!! I was getting very worried when you hadn't posted in so long! I am glad you are ok, and have been enjoying yourself at the doggie park!

Please don't be away again for so long! All that worrying is not good for my fluffiness!

Holly

IndyPindy said...

Hi! We missed you! My humans are the same way, and so is my grandma - they hope that the owner knows what they are in for with Husky pups!

Hopefully you guys can woo back and forth some time!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back to the blogging world. The first picture of you is one of the most awesome pictures I have ever seen. Don't tell Zim, but I may have to save it because you look DARN handsome!! Welcome back cuite!!!
Hugs,
Sitka