Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Dog park fun

As promised, Mama took me to the dog park yesterday where I got to run and run for two whole hours! Technically I ran out of gas after the first hour, but I got a fresh burst of energy with every new dog who entered.
I got to play with two boxers, a dogue de bordeaux (Mama says she was frickin cool,whatever that means....I thought it was too warm out myself), a ginormous doberman who was twice my size, a small shiba inu looking thing, a brittany, a border collie, two greyhound crosses and some other dogs I don't remember. I was the only Husky though, I'm always the only Husky.
I did get into a scuffle with one of the boxers, he thought I wanted his frisbee and he snarled and bit me and his human had to pull him off of me and then he threw the stupid ol frisbee over the fence so the dumb boxer wouldn't attack me again. I don't think all boxers are stupid, just ones that think I want their dumb ol toys and then bite me. I've got a whole stack of toys at home that have never had a drop of my saliva on them, I don't need some chewed up plastic frisbee.
All the snow was melted. Mama had hoped the snow would still be there so I could romp in it, but the other humans said the snow melted fast. It was wet and a little muddy, but I didn't care. I usually HATE getting my feety-feets wet, but I was having so much fun running that I didn't care. My nice white coat turned into a dingy grey, but it's nice and clean again now after a little self grooming.
I'm sorry there's no pictures, but you guys can blame Mama for that. She did take the camera, but she forgot to check the batteries before we left and they were dead! Dead! She never gets pictures of me in the park, she always forgets the camera and the one time she remembered it the stupid batteries were dead. I don't know what I'm going to do with her. On a good note, after running and romping and jumping and chasing for two whole hours, I'm not sore a bit! Woooooooooooooooooo! I am tired though, Daddy called me a dead dog all night cuz I couldn't be bothered to move. I was too tired to even lift my head up.

To make up for the lack of pictures from the park, I'm posting pictures of me chewing on a super yummy bullystick ring! Mmmmmm bullystick....



Oh yeah, I updated my link list, please make sure to drop by D'Azul Siberians, Fargo, Franki, Sitka & Tia, and Maverick's blogs if you haven't already. They're super cool!

9 comments:

Maverick the Pirate said...

harrrr matey
The dog park sounds like some fun harrr. Glad to know yer foot be better.

Cap'n Maverick the pirate

PetraZ said...

Yo Po,
Great to meet you Poseidon! What a very cool name you have. Your human sounds a lot like mine.:-)
Boxers are so silly too.

Anonymous said...

Woo Woo Poseidon! That chew toy looked yummy! Hopefully mom will buy me something like that on Saturday when we visit the Petsmart! I wish your mom had gotton some muddy pics of you! All of that pretty white fur!

I had to look up dogue de bordeaux. Interesting - French Mastiff! Who would have known. Glad you had fun at the park and THANK WOO for adding me to your blog. Super cool!

Hugs,
Sitka

Khady Lynn said...

I sure wish we could go to a dog park! I guess we'll have to settle for our back yard and dad walking us to the park down the street!

Holly

IndyPindy said...

I got muddy too this weekend! I had to splash in a creek to get the mud off!

I'm sorry that stupid Boxer was mean, sounds like he shouldn't bring toys to the park if he can't share!

Casey said...

Sorry for posting in your comments section but I couldn't find an email address for you. Can you contact me via email? It's about your blog being listed on our site. Thanks in advance.

Casey@Animal-Internet.com
www.Animal-Internet.com

Again, sorry if leaving this message here is annoying to anyone reading these comments.

IndyPindy said...

Hey, where have you been???

Khady Lynn said...

Poseidon, where are you!!!!

Miss you, and sure hope all is well with you!!

Holly

Khady Lynn said...

Poseidon, where are you???? It's been a month and I miss you! I hope you and your humans are all ok!! Please check in with us soon!!