Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ice, Snow, and Warm Weather

I've decided I don't like this Virginny place very much. There's not nearly enough snow to suit me! I heard Mama say that our old house had TONS of snow, and that makes me mad! It's been much too warm here, and everytime we get a little bit of snow it goes away in a few days. NOT COOL! We had a big ice storm on that Valentine's Day holiday, the weather people on TV said we got 3 inches of "sleet." Let me tell you, I don't like that sleet stuff AT ALL! I kept slipping and sliding when I was trying to go potty (I was doing a #2 and was sliding backwards!), and I kept falling when I was trying to walk around. And forget about trying to go any faster, I ended up banging my chin into the ice more times than I could count. Mama took some pictures of me outside after it started to warm up and the ice was melting. She also took some pictures that same day of her breaking the cardinal Siberian rule.....she let go of my leash to get some good pictures. No worries though, Mama was only a few feet away from me and I would have had to get past her to go anywhere.

We got more snow a few days ago, I think Mama said we got about 4 inches. It's starting to melt though, the weather outside never really went below 32 degrees, and it was 40 degrees yesterday. It supposed to be even warmer today, like 47 degrees. Mama said she's going to take me to the dog park today to play before it all completely melts. It's almost all slush now, but I'm still going to enjoy it.

Speaking of the dog park, you might remember that I talked about hurting my leg in my last post while I was at the dog park. My leg's been all better for a while, but Mama kept putting off taking me to the park just to make sure. Everytime it looked like my leg was better I would do something and hurt it all over again. It hasn't hurt me in a long time now, so Mama says it's safe for me to go back to the park if I promised not to overdo it again. I don't know what she means, overdo what? Oh well, if it gets me to the park I'll say whatever she wants me to say.

Anyways, Mama said she'll take me to the park when she's done with housework. I'm gonna go make sure she actually does the housework so we can leave!

2 comments:

Stella Louella said...

Sleet is rotten! Snow is so much better! I hope you get more of the white stuff before spring sets in. My female human rescued and placed a solid white Siberian girl about 9 years ago. Her name was Chinook, and she was a sweetheart. My human rescued her out of a Camdenton, MO, dog shelter, where lots of puppy miller types dump dogs they can no longer profit from.
You are one lucky Siberian to have such a great home!
Slurps,
Miss Stella

Anonymous said...

Poseidon...
You are SOOOOO Handsome. I have been in ice/sleet once... and since I had no snow to compare it to, I loved it! But I can understand if you get spoiled by the snow that you would hate the sleet!! I wish I could get some snow down here in Georgia. Today it was 73 or something like that and I DID NOT LIKE IT AT ALL!
Hugs,
Sitka (from Sibernet) :)