Friday, January 12, 2007

The Good and the Bad

Okay folks, I've had a good week and a bad week.

The good part was that on Tuesday mama finally got me my Virginny license! She took me with her to the doggy license place, and then she put the license on me and......wait for it........she took me to the DOG PARK! Wooooooo! That's right, uh huh, oh yeah! Sorry there's no pictures, but mama didn't bring the camera with us because she didn't want to be distracted with the camera seeing as how this was my first visit to the park. She wanted to make sure I was a good boy. We were there for a whole hour and a half, and I ran and ran and ran and ran and.....you get the point. There was about 10 other dogs there, and I got to run with ALL of them, it was great! There were two beagles, those guys are funny. They don't bark, but they don't howl like a proper dog should either. That's right, I think all dogs should woo and talk like us huskies do! This one beagle, he kept going up to all the other dogs, one at a time, and doing what mom called "baying." If a doggy wasn't playing with him, he'd just stand in front of them and bay at them. Then he'd make his way to the next doggy. I had so much fun guys, I just can't believe mom finally took me to the park! Let's see who else I can remember.......there was a boxer pup, an american bulldog, a sheltie (who stuck to herself on one end cuz she was scared), a bearded collie, a lab pup (alll legs and big paws), the two beagles, a beagle mix, a border collie, a bull terrier/pit cross (she was like a tank!) and a couple other dogs I can't remember.
I can't wait to go again, mama says she might take me later on today, and this time she'll bring the camera with her. I was sooooo tired Tuesday night and most of Wednesday, I didn't do anything but sleep the whole time. I couldn't even be bothered to raise my head to look at mama when she talked to me. The sleepy pictures I posted are ones mama took of me all tuckered out from the park.

And then there's the bad part of my week.....

Mama gave me a BATH yesterday! Oh yes she did, the evil evil woman! She said I was filthy (yeah, like she knows?), and I haven't had a bath since the summer. I'd like to know what gives humans the right to just throw us in the tub? Just because they feel a need to bathe every day and wash off their natural scent, doesn't mean we have to too! I have to admit, I had to laugh a little bit when mama spent 15 minutes trying to get my undercoat soaked by pouring cup fulls of water on me. She left the evil shower sprayer attachment in MI, so she had to use the cup. She realized that wasn't going to work, so she ended up turning on the shower and getting in with me! Eeeeek! Here I thought she would just give up and let me out. Hrmph! Don't be fooled by the pictures, I may have looked docile but I kept trying to creep to the edge of the tub to make my escape! Even if that escape would have only been as far as the big room mama calls a "closet."

Of course I spent lots of time grooming myself when she finally let me out, because I was alll wet (ewwwwww) and my coat was all messed up too. I tried to demand that mama brush me, but she said no brushing until I was dry. She never brushes me when I'm wet, always saying something about breaking hairs off. Hopefully she brushes me this morning, I was still damp last night when mama and daddy went to sleep.

Anyways, I'm gonna go stare and woo at mama until she brushes me. After all, if I'm going to the park today I've got to look my best! Woo at you doggies later!

7 comments:

Tyson said...

Poor 'Seidon! Sorry 'bout your bath! :(

D'Azul Siberian said...

That dog park sounds like a great place. Be glad your mom doesn't know the diluted shampoo trick to get you wet to the skin. We have a big blow dryer for after bath. It takes about 30-45 minutes to get us dry.

The D'Azul Siberians

Poseidon said...

Mama usually dilutes the shampoo with water, but this was a new bottle and mama's brain wasn't working enough to find a way to dilute a full bottle of shampoo.
Mama's mama used to show these little white dogs (mama calls them "Bichons?")in the 70's and she had a big fancy doggy hair dryer too!

Waylon said...

Sorry about your bath Seidon. Mamma made me take one too. I rolled in the mud at the dog park. She hosed me off with cold water there. I thought that was enough, but nooooo...once we got home she made me go straight to the tub! So NOT fun!

Althea said...

Poseidon,

It is about time your Mom finally let you go to the dog park. The only thing better than the dog park is the dog park with snow.

Later,
Althea

The Army of Four said...

Hey Poseidon! Great to see you blogging again! Wowzers, that dog park sounds like a blast! Sorry about the bath, though. That's the pits.
Play bows,
Zim

Khady Lynn said...

Sorry Poseidon, I just couldn't help but laugh at the wet, soggy you!! It was pretty funny.

I'm sure you will be sparkling white and beautiful when you are dry, so it was all worth it!

Holly