Friday, September 22, 2006

Just......Blah.

It's been kinda cool here in VA lately, yippee! Mama says it only got to 70 yesterday, and that suits me just fine. Mama said people in the store yesterday was complainin about it bein cold, and mama thinks they're nuts. In MI it's only been in the 50's-60's, so she still thinks it's warm here. The weather humans on the tv this morning said it's s'posed to get up to 80 this weekend, I plan on lounging around the house if that happens.

Mama took some new pictures of me a few days ago, notice the packing boxes and stuff. Mama says they need to figure out where to put the bookcase so they can start unpacking books. Most of the stuff still in boxes is books, and daddy's speakers and stereo equipment. I hope they get that stuff taken care of soon, it's taking up valuable sleeping space!

Mama was mean to me yesterday morning. There was all these dogs outside, and I wasn't allowed to play with any of 'em! She made me stand still cuz I wasn't walking nicely like I always do. She said if I couldn't walk like a gent'lman, then I wasn't gonna walk at all. See what I mean? She's a big meanie-head! I wanted to play and visit with all the dogs, and she was concerned about manners. Manners schmanners. I finally decided to be a "good boy" just cuz I had to pee real bad and I was tired of crossing my legs and all. I still let out a few good woos and wistful looks in the other doggy's directions though. My manliness didn't go unnoticed, I saw a pretty Cocker Spaniel checkin' me out, SCORE! Not my type really, but I'll take what I can get.

During our afternoon walk, a man and his cute 2 year old daughter spotted me and came over to say hello and tell me how gorgeous I am (duh). As soon as the little girl started to pet me, I
flopped over on my side to enjoy it. The man laughed and called me a "big baby." I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, since mama calls me that too. The man said I have beautiful eyes, and that he's never seen a doggy with eyes so pretty as mine. Yup, I'm a hunk, even the humans fall for me!

Then last night, mama and daddy took stuff out to the trash and since it was time for my bedtime potty break, I got to go with them. Normally daddy doesn't go with me and mama on our potty breaks, but this box they took out to the trash was waaaaay bigger than mama (they gots a new rowing machine, whatever that is) so daddy went with us to take the ginormous box outside. While we were there, this nice man came by with a cool English Bulldog named "Fat Boy." I dunno why he was named that, he wasn't fat. He sure was muscular though! He made me look like kind of a wimp. His human said he was almost 80 pounds. 80 pounds! Can you believe it? I'm lots taller than he is, and I only weigh 55 pounds! The nice human man gave me lots of pets and FINALLY I gots to play with another dog! Fat Boy was cool, we sniffed and play bowed and jumped and had lots of fun! I was a little jealous though, cuz the other human let go of Fat Boy's leash so we didn't get tangled up. Mama had to keep holdin onto mine though, cuz I can't be trusted not to run off after a squirrel or birds or traffic or somethin. Traffic looks like fun, but mama says it's a big time no-no. Anyways, I gots to play with Fat Boy for almost 10 minutes, then his human had to go and we did too. Daddy and mama had to go to bed, but I made sure to walk around the house givin a few mournful woos cuz I wanted to go play with Fat Boy some more. The humans just ignored me though, so I decided to take a few mouthfuls of food to their room and crunch them up extra noisily just so they could feel my displeasure. I'm usually not a vindictive dog, but I was extra mad!




I looked for Fat Boy this morning, but I didn't see him outside during my morning walk. Maybe I'll see him again tonight, that would be so much fun!

Anyways, I've been tagged by Dakota, so now I gotta list 5 things that make a good doggy friend.
  1. A good doggy friend never gets too "personal" during sniffing sessions, if ya know what I mean. I like a good sniff just as much as any dog, but if ya spend too much time in one particular area, then that's rude. 'Specially if ya keep going back to that area.
  2. A good doggy friend knows that what's mine is mine; and what's yours is probably also mine.
  3. A good doggy friend is always up for a good pounce and lick.
  4. A good doggy friend knows that the humans sometimes get lost in bathrooms, and will keep watch over the door just in case their help with "search and rescue" is needed.
  5. A good doggy friend will share the blame in any mishaps, i.e. damaged pillows, leather goods, etc.
I'm tagging Hannah, Hobo, Kimmy, Minou, and Cubby!

5 comments:

Althea said...

Hey Poseidon,
My Daddy used to live in Virginny place that you moved to. I fact he said that during those years he lived in Great Falls, Reston and Potomac Falls. He really liked it there until Mommy made him move to New Jersey.

My aunt lives in Reston. I've never been there, my brother Lares got to go there twice to visit.

It sure stinks when you meet other dogs and they don't have to be on a leash. But my Daddy says that no dog should ever be off a leash its just too dangerous. That is the beauty of dog parks. Tell your mommy that you have to go to start meeting new friends.

Later,
Althea

The Army of Four said...

My mom used to live in that part of VA when she was a human puppy. Somewhere named Annandale. She liked it a lot. She also lived in a couple other parts of it. Virginny must be multi-parted!
We'd never trust our bipeds off-leash - glad you don't with yours, either. You just never know WHAT they'd do!!!
Ha roo!
Zim

Macie-Malechai said...

Geesh, you think your Mom's mean, ours won't even take us to the dog park until we get some of those manner things she keeps harpin' about, now that's mean, borderline cruel we think. Heck, one minute she's callin' us the babies & the next she wants us to act all grown up, make up your mind lady! Sorry, we didn't mean to rant, but sometimes she just drives us crazy!

DustyDoodles said...

PoPo! You are back on line! Or wait, I'm back on line. I been lazy all week and not visiting my blog friends. FatBoy sounds cool. Boxes are made for chewing, so don't wait for those hoomans to unpack, just unpack for them!!

Achieve1dream said...

Hi Poseidon. Just ran across your blog. You are a very handsome Sibe. My sister is a Sibe.

I love how your mommy was complaining about the temperature. My Mommy grew up in Arkansas and she shivers if it gets down to seventy degrees in the house lol. She likes to keep it eighty. My Sibe sister Storm doesn't much care for this habit.

Gonna keep reading and try to catch up!