Monday, September 18, 2006

.....Traveling.....


Wahoo! I'm in my new house in Virginny for a couple more weeks before we gots to go back and get more stuff and so more repairs at the old house. Mama brought her computer this time so I don't have to try and sneak on one of daddy's puters. Mama took a few pictures during our road trip. I had just gotten in the car, and I was rarin ta go! In this second pic, we STILL hadn't started moving! I don't know why she waited so long, could be cuz she had that goofy ol camera stuck to her face. What is it with humans and those camera things? You don't see dogs carrying them around taking pictures of humans all the time! Maybe it's because of those opposable thumbs they all seem so proud of.

We stopped during the drive so I could potty and drink some water, and a really nice man said I was a "pretty girl." Mama told the man that I'm a male, and thanked him (why's she thanking him? He complimented ME!), but he just told her that he doesn't speak English and repeated that I was a "pretty girl." Mama just smiled real big and said thank you. I wonder if he speaks Dog? I didn't try to find out, maybe I should have. After all, my masculinity was in question!

We got to our new house and said hello to daddy, and then mama left me inside while she went out to her car to get some stuff. I think daddy was kind of hurt cuz I just sat at the door and waited for mama, he says that I don't care about him anymore, even though I've been with him for 6 years and have only known mama for 1 year. But mama spends lots more time with me, a dog's gotta have his priorities right? She's the holder of the treats, and the food, and the leash!

Mama and daddy went out for a long time yesterday, and when they came back they had lots of stuff! Nothing for me though, selfish people. Daddy bought mama a new computer desk and chair, some rugs, and lots of other stuff. I checked every bag just in case, but nope. Nothing for me. They should be glad I don't claw people, like other Huskies do. It was very tempting though! Maybe I'll hire a doggy hitman to claw these goofy humans for me.

I've been tagged by Moonshadow and Beasley. Here's 5 things about me:
  1. I don't play. Mama keeps buying me toys in hopes that I'll play with 'em, but no such luck. I do have a "evil stinkin kitty" toy I stash in a particular corner of the house when thrown, but that's it. I want it in that corner and I wish they'd stop stealing it just to throw it! Mama bought me a "good cuz" and that's kinda cool when it squeaks and bounces, but after that initial sniff I just don't care.
  2. I have no concept of the word "bath." You can say it all day long, I don't know what it means. I can always tell when mama's gonna bathe me cuz it's the only time she uses the shower sprayer. As soon as I hear her hooking it up, I'm gone! She usually has to get me out from my den under the doghouse. Once she gets my front legs in the tub though, then I'll just hop in and hang my head looking all pathetic. Mama says I'm the only dog she's ever known that didn't run when the word "bath" was spoken. She says her mama's showdogs even knew how to spell it!
  3. I'm a late riser. It's extremely rare for me to be awake before 11am. I need my rest!
  4. When it's real quiet at night, after the humans have gone to bed, I like to take a mouthful of dog food to their room and crunch it. It makes a lot of noise and keeps them awake. You other dogs should try it sometime, it's fun!
  5. I've got a ferret friend named Rally. I was real scared of him at first, he likes to chase me and sometimes he plays waaay too rough! Mama puts him in time out when he bites my ears. I loves him, even if he is a pain in the butt. I just wish he would be as gentle with me as I am with him!
I'm tagging Cyrus the English Bulldog, Belle the Pomeranian (cuz Poms are adorable!), Ender the American Eskimo (I met one at PetSmart, he was so cool!), Spirit the Weimaraner (Mama's brother has a Weim named Zoe), and Sophia Nicole the Maltese (Cuz mama says they have the softest hair EVER).

3 comments:

Dakota said...

Hi Poseidon!
We're playing tag! I tagged you, and now you get to tell everyone five things that make a good doggie friend.

Dakota

PS - Wow! a Husky travel blog

Koda said...

Oh my... I want one of those ferret thingys. My mom doesn't let me have any pets. She says my feets are too big. I knocked down a nest in the back yard and killed all the baby birds. I didn't mean to do it, I was just trying to see what was up there. They didn't even have any feathers yet. I need a small furry friend to chase! You are a lucky dog.

Poseidon said...

@Dakota - A travel blog in part. Hopefully we can quit traveling so much soon and get completely settled!

@koda - Mama says most people don't have the patience for ferrets, cuz they're big time troublemakers and destructive. Mama says if Rally wasn't so cute she would have strangled him long long ago! She's not serious, but there's been times it woulda been very very tempting! Like when he dumped a whole bag of potting soil and mama broke her vacuum cleaner trying to clean it up.

@the army of four - Thanks for the good luck wishes! We're not near the ocean part, we're about 30 miles outside of DC, or something like that. Raft??? Yikes! I hates water! I don't even like to walk on wet grass, it's all squishy!