Thursday, September 14, 2006

On Moving....

So here's the thing.....I've lived in this house here for 6 years, and from what I understand I'm not gonna live here for very much longer. We're doing something called "moving" where everything in the house goes in boxes and then stacked all over the house for the sheer purpose of impeding my movement. It's rediculous, I've gotta change the way I walk in the house because there's boxes stacked and I have to go around them! The human people put lots and lots of boxes and the big furniture into a truck, and then mama put me in her car and we drove a long long ways. I'm not sure how long it was, because I slept most of the way (mama says I was in a "coma") but trust me, it was long!

Mama says we have to do this moving thing because daddy's company that he worked for for 10 years "laid off" tons of people in our state and this new state gave daddy a new job that's tons better. The new state we're going to live in is called Virginia, but I'm not sure exactly where that's at because I don't study geography. I do know one thing though, and that is that it is HOT there! The dirt is weird too, it makes my pretty white paws all red. There's some cool things and some not so cool things about moving, and I'm gonna take the time and talk about them right here.

Not cool things:
  • New place doesn't have a doggy door! Of all the horrors!
  • Boxes stacked all over the house making me have to go around them.
  • Daddy's gone to his new job, so it's just me and mama at the old house
  • We load up in the car and go on that long drive almost every week
  • Mama doesn't give me nearly enough attention cuz she's "busy" doing stuff to the house
  • It's HOT outside!
  • No fence at the new house, so I have to be on leash all the time
  • New house is a little bit smaller

Cool things:
  • New house has more windows to look out of
  • Mama takes me for lots more walks
  • There's lots of dogs outside all the time, but I'm not allowed to play with them
  • Mama says there's two "dog parks" real close by! Aaaaaooooooo!
  • There's a big patio thing that's really good to lounge on in the mornings and nights (when it's not too hot outside)
  • Mama says there's two big bathtubs instead of one (not entirely sure that's a cool thing on second thought)
  • Everybody we see on our walks wants to pet me (unless they're scared of me) because I'm just soooo gorgeous!
  • There's a beautiful German Shepherd girl that I get to howl at every morning (Hopefully mama will let me meet her someday and I can be more polite).
  • There's a walking/jogging/biking path that stretches real far so mama can take me for even longer walks (again, when it's not too hot).

I think that's it for now, I'm gonna go outside and add an addition to my den. Happy Digging!

4 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Moving is stupid! We moved a few years ago. Sure, I like our new house better BUT THAT'S BESIDE THE POINT!!!!

Mauser*Girl said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I'm sure you will get used to Virginia. While it's a lot warmer, most of us shed our undercoats when we're outside a lot in spring and are much more comfortable after that - I know I do. It's just a matter of getting used to it.

And there are lots of dog friendly towns in this area. If you're at all close to northern VA, have your people take you down to old town Alexandria where you're allowed in most of the stores and all the restaurants have outdoor seating so your people can enjoy some food and drink WITH you! :)

(Mauser*Girl is my mom's account)

Poseidon said...

Yeah, I blow my undercoat in the spring, but I was still super duper hot when mama took me out for a 5 minute potty break. I didn't like it! We get weather here in the 90's too, and I go lounge outside, but that's in the nice cool den I dug myself under my doggy house.

Poseidon said...

Oh! And mama said we're gonna be by Sterling, some area called "Potomac Falls." The people told mama that it used to be part of Sterling till the rich folks made them change it. I hear there's dog parks in Reston and Herndon. I'm excited, never been to a dog park before! Alexandria sounds way cool, I'll have to drag the peoples over there.