Friday, November 03, 2006

I'm back!

Awooooooooo! That's right friends, strangers, and everyone in between! Poseidon is back online! You'll all have to blame my stupid mama, me and her went to the old house for a month and had daddy's laptop and she forgot my login info! And then to top it all off, she was too busy "cleaning" and "painting" to bother having blogger send her the info! Can you believe that? A husky has needs you know, and this is one of them!

Anyways, I had a pretty good time at our old house. It even snowed on two different days! The first time, the snow stayed all night long! There wasn't very much of it, and it melted the next day, but I sure loved to lay in it when it was there! And then there was this guy that mama said came to measure the house for new carpets. He was nice and scratched my fluff a whole lot, but then he wasn't so nice and called me a lazybones. Hmph! Just because a dog likes to sleep doesn't make him a lazy bones. Mama didn't even stick up for me, she just told him that I mostly just lay around the house and sleep anyways. Um....hello lady, I'm not a young pup anymore!

So then we go back to our new house in Virginny and I got to see my daddy again! I love my daddy, he adopted me from the rescue place. That was really nice of him because the man that had me before I went to the rescue place wasn't very nice to me. Anyways, that's in the past and my daddy is great!

Have you other dogs ever had liver treats? I never had until mama went and bought me a great big tub of them! She didn't give me any until we got back to our new house though, because they're my outside training treats. I didn't have issues outside at our old house, just at the new house because there's so many dogs and people around and I want them all to pay attention to me! So mama got me these training treats as a reward for being a good boy. The problem is I never know when I'm gonna get one or not. Mama works me off of mainly hand signals, and her signal for "sit" is a closed fist. Well, I can never tell if mama has a treat in that hand or not! So sometimes I sit down real quick expecting a tasty piece of liver and I get nothin but a "good boy." That's nice to hear and all, but I can't help thinking I got cheated. I'm showing her who's boss though. Sometimes I'll pretend I don't hear her say "watch me" and just go about my Husky business sniffing and such. That way I can ignore those stupid hand signals and just keep having fun. The down side of that is that I don't get any liver at all if I do that! It's kind of troubling now that I think about it. Maybe ignoring her isn't such a good idea after all.

Mama took these pictures of me earlier in the week (with no liver treats) when she took me to the tennis courts. No dog park yet because the other humans told her that people patrol the parks regularly, and I don't have my Virginny license yet and the humans lost my rabies tag so I've got to get a new one.
It was a little warmer than I like it that day, mama said it was 72 degrees outside! All you other huskies know that that is just way unacceptable! I mean come on! Look at my coat! You don't ever see humans wearing their coats in the summertime! I had fun though, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.












Mama took some other pictures that day that she really likes, and they do make me look quite gorgeous if I do say so myself (and I do)! Notice how nicely I'm sitting? That's because mama tricked me. I was almost sure that she had yummy liver treats in her hand, but it turns out I was wrong and my efforts were wasted. Oh well, maybe next time.
There's a gazebo thingy in between the two tennis courts, and mama thought they'd make a pretty picture so she had me pose with the gazebo.





1 comment:

Ender said...

Welcome back!