Monday, November 27, 2006

Where's the snow?

Okay, I'm in Michigan and I was really really hoping it would be cold enough to snow here. Far from it, in fact today it was 54 degrees outside! It rained all day yesterday, and my paws got all muddy and wet and I'm just not pleased at all!
There does seem to be some hope, my mama went to her mama's house Saturday and her mama said it's supposed to get really cold Thursday and it might snow. Ha-rooooooo! I'll be sure to let you other dogs know if the snow comes, and I'll make mama take pictures too! Oh what I wouldn't give for some opposable thumbs right about now!

We went back to Michigan the day before the turkey feasting day, and like usual I just slept the whole way except for when mama stopped for her and my potty breaks. I ate half of mama's sandwich when she was in the building, it was a good sandwich. I don't think it was for me, but she left it laying out because she forgot about it. It had pig butt, cheese, deeeejon mustard, tomatoes, and onions on rosemary bread. I didn't eat the maters or onions though, I left those on the back seat for my mama to find. It was super yummy! Hey, I was starving! Mean old mama didn't feed me that morning because she didn't want me to get an upset tummy. Nevermind that I've never ever had an upset tummy. She seemed to think starving me for 10 hours was a good idea. Serves her right to lose half of her yummy sandwich!

Speaking of the turkey feasting day, that must only apply to humans. I sure didn't get no turkey feast! I didn't even get to smell any turkey, I had to stay home while my mama went to her grandmama's house. Something about the house already being full of dogs, and how one more (very furry) dog would be pushing the limits a bit. Apparently mama's grandmama has two little terrier dogs, plus mama's BIG brother would be there with his weimeraner and greyhound. No room for Poseidon. Hmph! I heard stories that mama's brother's greyhound was so scared of one of the little terrier dogs that he had to carry her into the house. Poor girl! Anyways, my mama brought home lots of leftovers from the turkey feasting day, but I didn't get any. My mama doesn't ever give me people food, just pumpkin or yogurt occasionally. How very dull! When you think about it, me eating her silly old sandwich in the car was way overdue!

There's been lots going on lately, today people came to the house and put new carpet in mama and daddy's old bedroom. They want the house to look it's best for when they sell it. I'm apparently never ever ever allowed to go in that room anymore, because the carpet is bright white and I almost always have dirty paws from going out the doggy door and working on my tunnel to Siberia. The guys putting in the carpet today said they were even afraid to install it because it's so white! I've been sniffing around the doors to the room, and it smells funny now. I've been assured that the room is completely empty, so there's nothing in there I could possibly want. It still smells funny though, and that means one of my routes to the dog door is gone. There's a big glass sliding door going from the bedroom to the enclosed porch, and I used to use that room as a shortcut. Now I have to go through the living room, through the kitchen and dining room, and then all the way to the other end of the enclosed porch to go outside. It's pretty darn inconvenient!
Mama also found out that under the old carpet was really really nice hardwood floors. She says if she'd known that she wouldn't have gotten carpet. Daddy didn't even know there was hardwood under there, because the old carpet was there when he bought the house. I would have liked the hardwood better, because then I would be allowed to go in there. Plus I like the sound of my nails clicking on the wood floor that we've got in the enclosed porch, so I know I would have liked it in the bedroom too. It's great for running around in at night when mama's sleeping. She can hear it really well and it keeps her awake when I've got the zoomies!

Oooooooooh! Mama ordered pizza and it just got here. I'm gonna go stare at her until she either gives me some or kicks me out of the room!

11 comments:

The Army of Four said...

We want snow! We want snow! We want snow! Or some of that sammich you snagged would be nice.
Play bows,
Zim

MaPaw said...

We want snow too, but we live in PA so we're going to get that rain you just had. I'm afraid of hardwood floors because I could slip and hurt myself, but even that would be better than not being allowed in the room at all!
Magnum

D'Azul Siberian said...

We're supposed to get snow tomorrow but we were supposed to get ice last night and that did not happen. It still warm too, 40. If we get snow here in Missouri, maybe you will get snow too. The AO4 should get it before us. That sandwich sounds GREAT. Good going on snagging that, Poseidon.

The Siberians of D'Azul.

Nat said...

Pappy's adoption photo was in the snow, but he's never seen it since we've had him.

Greyhoud afraid of terriers cracks me up. Danger with Greyhounds at our dog park is that they think the Jack Russell's are rabbits.

Khady Lynn said...

We had that funky weather here in Nebraska. 65 on Tuesday, 20 today.
Be careful on snagging those sandwiches, those onions can kill, literally! Not to mention, they're kind of stinky too.

holly

Khady Lynn said...

Hey Poseidon!

You've been Christmas Tagged!!

Go to my blog for instructions.

Holly

Waylon said...

I tagged you too! Come on 'Seidon! Whatcha want for Christmas?

IndyPindy said...

Come to my blog and see my holiday card. I want to wish all of my blog friends a wonderful Christmas! I will be staying with my grandma and grandpa for a while so I won't be blogging much. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Kelsey and Smokey said...

Pizza? YUM! Snow? FUN!

Let us know if you get snow and we'll bring the pizza!

D'Azul Siberian said...

Where did you go Poseidon? Did you get lost between your houses? Come back to blog with us. Happy New Years.

The D'Azul Siberians

Khady Lynn said...

Poseidon!! Where are you? We have been looking for you for days and days now. I sure hope you are ok.

Come back to us. We all want to know what has been going on with you!

Happy New Year!

Holly