Friday, November 17, 2006

Upgraded to beta

Well I changed my template, and then I decided to cross my fingers and switch to the new version. Just in case, I copied my template info to notepad in case the whole thing went *poof!* Well I'm glad I did because all of my links, chatbox, and my husky bloggers icon disappeared! It was an easy fix since I'd saved the info, just a matter of copying and pasting the info back. So far I don't notice many changes, so I can't say if all the "new blogger" hype has been worth it or not.

Edit: Holy hotdogs! My profile info somehow ended up below my links, and my chatbox is missing yet I can see the last thing entered in the cbox at the very top of my page! Must fix this, thankfully I saved a copy of the template!

Edit x2: Blogger won't accept my old template, gave me this message: " Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup."

Uh.....come again? I'm NOT HAPPY!

Did I mention that the links are visible on my blog, yet I can't find them in the html code? I kid no not puparoos! What I'm gonna do is revert back to the classic template (aka "before updating the template to be compatible with beta") and delete the links there, then reupdate the template and add them again using beta's feature.

Crossing my paws!

Final Edit: Yippee! Everything's all fixed and looking good, harooooo!

Blogger is stupid! (Sorry Tubey, it needed to be said and you weren't around).

9 comments:

The Army of Four said...

Poseidon: We switched, too. We're still using an old template, though - we can't figure out how to get all of our sidebar stuff into those little boxes. Any tips?
Luv,
Dave

Poseidon said...

It took me a while, but I found the boxes pretty easy to use. For my chatbox and the husky bloggers icon I used the html box they give. Then you can click and drag the boxes to be in the order you want them in. It's kind of hard to explain, sorry if it doesn't make any sense!

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

No need to apologize, Poseidon. I'm not switching till I have no choice!

M-Fax said...

just saying hi from one dog to another

Frankie Girl, Maddie and Domino said...

Poseidon!

You look just like my sister!!!!

She is not on my blog as of yet, Mom is just a newbie and trying to learn bloggie, but she needs to add my sister Frankie, a pure Whitey beauty Sibe just like you!! Wow, what resemblance!

Have a great day poseidon!

The Chocolate Bunny, Maddie

The Army of Four said...

Poseidon,
Thanks - Stormy said it makes sense to her. She's really smart! We'll try fooling around with it some more this weekend!
Luv,
Dave

Deanna said...

I had to make the switch, and now that it is done, things are going well, but I was not happy about it!

IndyPindy said...

Hmmm. I did a lot of customization to my template, so it might be a pain for me to switch. I am not looking forward to this. Thanks for the tip about copying the template code first, I will definetely do that!

Shmoo said...

I still haven't been given the "honor" of converting to Beta yet. Thanks for the tips on what to do when I finally switch over. It sounds like a fiasco.

STUPID BLOGGER

Meeshka