Sunday, November 12, 2006

Mama's high....

Yep, it's true. My mama's on nar-cot-ics. She's had this tooth that's been bothering her for more than a month and it finally got bad enough for her to go see a tooth doctor. She was hiding it from daddy cuz she didn't want to bother him, but finally she ended up crying like a little girl when they were sitting on the couch. He got mad that she didn't tell him about it sooner, and he gave her a lecture and made her go to the tooth doctor.

So last Wednesday she went to the tooth doctor and he told her that her wisdom tooth is all infected and needed to come out! They couldn't get a tooth surgeon to do it that day, so he gave mama some Vicodin to make her feel better until the next day. Let me tell ya, it's super easy to yank your human around when her legs are all wobbly and she can barely stand! The bad part was that mama didn't really take me for a walk, she just kinda walked outside and held the leash while I walked in a circle around her. I made lots of circles and got her really dizzy! Then when I was good and ready I pullllled and she almost fell on her face!

Then the next day she went to the tooth surgeon and he took that icky tooth out of my mama's mouth and gave her more nar-cot-ics and some anti-biot-ics to get rid of the infection. Mama's takin me for more walks now, because the tooth surgeon also gave her some pills for pain that don't make her all loopy. She saves the loopy pills for bedtime now. I think she's still taking the loopy pills more than she says she is though, cuz she cries for no reason at all now. Her and daddy will be sitting on the couch and she'll just start cryin for no good reason! Seriously, she doesn't even know why she's cryin, she just does it! I think maybe she's cryin cuz she lost some of her wisdom.

Mama's still got 2 more wisdom teeth that need to come out, but she decided not to get those taken out yet. Guess she needs all the wisdom she can get to deal with a husky! Woooo!

2 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Dr. Misha Meepenstein, who lives with us extracted one of my baby teeth when I was a puppy. Maybe Meepie can come over to your house to help.

IndyPindy said...

My mom is high sometimes. She gets somethng called mygranes and she has to take medicine for them.

You should come by my blog and join the Husky Bloggers ring! And check out the eBay auction fundraiser that our Northern Breed rescue is having. There is lots of Husky stuff to bid on!