Friday, November 03, 2006

On eating things....

We all know how much huskies love to eat. For young pups, this could be anything. For us older fellows, we usually prefer to only eat yummy tasting things. I merged both when I decided to eat mama's brand new red sweatshirt while she went to the bank. I just couldn't help myself, the pocket smelled like liver! Mama was NOT happy, she even yelled at me! That wasn't nice, and I went and hid under the end table until she apologized. It didn't take her long cuz she felt really bad about it and all. Mama took pictures of the evidence, most likely for blackmail purposes. Notice I chewed up the inside AND the outside. I wanted liver!

When mama took me for my potty walk the next night, I had a really really hard time "going" (this is so embarassing to type about!) and then mama started to get scared. When she first looked at the shirt she thought she found all the pieces to it laying next to it. When we got back into the house after my walk she inspected the shirt again and found out there were more holes in the sweatshirt than there were pieces of fabric. She thinks I swallowed some pieces of fabric. She's been watching me like a hawk, and she put canola oil in my food yesterday morning (somebody told her that was a good idea. I liked the taste of it, so I'm not complaining). I thought she was gonna breakdance or something last night when I pooped, crazy lady. No sign of any sweatshirt pieces, but I'm pooping normally so mama's not quite so worried. She's still keeping an eye on me though. Mama got really scared because one of the members of her doggy forum (Boxer Dog Crazy) just had to have her beautiful boy sent over the bridge because he ate something he shouldn't have. You guys can read about Hugo on his page. As much fun as it is to chew on things, it's really not a good idea (hear that Macie and Malechai?) because it can do really bad things to you and it makes your people really really sad. Mama still cries everything she thinks about poor Hugo, and she's not sure if posting Hugo's story is in bad form or not, but she thinks it's good to get the word out about how dangerous eating things can be for us doggies. So pay attention and don't make your humans go through what Hugo's mama is going through.

2 comments:

Ender said...

My parents knew a dog once that ate a tube sock, all of it whole...the whole sock. They only knew he ate it because he pooped out the whole sock, he's luck that it all came out ok.

Macie-Malechai said...

We've pretty much given up on eating stuff (unless it's yummy stuff). Glad to see that you're back, you're welcome to come over & maul our little human friend anytime, by the way.
Face Licks, M&M